https://www.missionmainstreetgrants.com/business/detail/60781 <— last 2 days to vote, so please do!
I love your smile!
I love your smile and you should too!
It is like getting a naughty baby to eat. Getting folks to the dentist just for a cleaning is an exercise in frustration. And when they have tooth pain, whoa, it is even worse.
Going to the dentist should be a ritual. It should happen two times a year no matter what. No I do not work for the dentist mafia, but that being said it is very important. Of course it is even more important if there is pain going on or a tooth being naughty and growing the wrong way.
Seven reasons that you should go to the dentist- that have great importance
- Because I said so! Ok just joking, but it is highly recommended that you go to check your teeth and gums and get those chompers cleaned professionally. Whoever kisses you will appreciate it.
- Dentists are your friend and a partner in your overall good health. I will be more specific. A trip to the dentist office often gives us clues into things going on with our health elsewhere on our body.
- Heart disease: What? You ask. Yes inflamed gums and loose teeth can lead to bacteria that wreak havoc. They can help form blood clots and plaque in the arteries that can cause problems in the heart.
- Diabetes: Yep, many folks who did not know they had the big D found out from their dentist. Or rather they were told to go get checked by their dentist. Gum disease, bleeding gums, loose teeth can be a sign of diabetes. Diabetes can make dental health worse. Infections at gum line can worsen diabetic symptoms and is thought to lead to heart disease and stroke.
- Osteoporosis: Problems in the bones can lead to receding gums and loose teeth.
- GERD or gastro esophageal reflux disease ; especially the night time one… where you are burping up stomach acid in your sleep and it tears up your throat. Guess who looks all up in that throat? Yes, Dr. Dentist. They can see the erosion of the esophagus, the tale tell signs of certain throat cancers (and mouth cancer too) and get you to a specialist.
- Dry mouth disease or condition: Ok you say if I have dry mouth big whoop. Actually it is a big deal. Dry mouth can point to several problems including diabetes and Parkinson’s. Saliva is our friend. (We have a lot of friends don’t we?) It cleans the mouth and helps to wash away excess bacteria that cause cavities. It is also the first step in digesting our food properly.
So there, those are good reasons to go even if you do not feel like it are they not? I hope so.
How often do you go to the dentist? Let me know! I am at MsMelissa@melissaweblog.com
I am listening to GlobalMusic4 Life : One life
Don’t forget to vote for GM4L for the Chase Mission Mainstreet Contest we need 156 more votes within the next day!
Love and Light,